Pages

Sunday 2 May 2010

Choosing Colours

This is the set up I work with when colouring with promarkers, I use an old telephone directory to colour on top of, partly because i like to work on top of other paper and partly because the ink tends to bleed through to the other side of the card you are colouring on and I can just throw away the under sheet with no extra expense.

You can see from this close up how I lay down the colours before I start colouring the image.

By laying the colours side by side you can see which colours will work well together, at the bottom of this picture you can clearly see that one of the pin shdes doesn't work with the others.



3 comments:

Fab said...

Great tutorial Jak, I've got the skin shades ones and they sat there as I prefer pastels but I'll give it another try now. Thank you !

Liz said...

OMG Jak this is brill Ive been so busy not been about but thank you so much!

Liz x

Anonymous said...

Look forward to learning more soon. Thank you!