Pages

Friday 7 May 2010

Colouring Blonde Hair

Today I'm going to walk you through colouring blonde hair, I'm hoping this is helping to take the sting out of colouring for you all and it helps you when making your cards with Promarker coloured images and digi stamps.
We will be working on the same Paper dolls image from Mo's Digital Pencil Too and 3 shades of Promarkers, Sandstone, Mustard & Primrose.
I told you in an earlier post that I always work with some scratch paper at my side to test the colours on I like to be sure that they will all match and blend well together before touching the image with them, below you can see my test.



lets start with the Sandstone Promarker, this is the darkest of the 3 colours we will use so we will add it to the darkest parts of the hair.
At the very roots, the very tips and the under side of the hair (bunches)


Next take the Mustard Promarker and using short stroke colour over the sandstone ad just a little way past it, leaving white patches where the lightest colour will go for the highlights I've marked the hair with arrows so that you can see where I've added the Mustard colour.



Finish by using the Primrose Promarker working in short stroke over all of the hair always working in the direction that the hair is growing from root to tip.


post signature

4 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Thanks for the tutorials, have just read through them all and they are really helpful. Thanks again, Hazelxoxo

Tracy said...

Thanks Jak it's great again, I don't have these exact colours but working from your tutorial I might try a combo of 3 that I have got and just see how it turns out by following your steps.
Thanks again
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Unknown said...

Once again thanks Jak, please keep them coming, they look so natural and I can refer back to them when colouring.

Anonymous said...

thank you so much jak - i have been using promarkers and really enjoying them - the blender pen tutorial was so straightforward that i am tempted to go to my craft desk now (11.10pm) - blonde hair had also been tricky for me but not anymore. big hugs xxx